in falsehood

Go down

in falsehood

Post by reva555 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:15 pm

in falsehood

They not only write but tbey' canvass in falsehood. Look at the conduct of. Mr, Benett, as communicated by a friend,, and confirmed by Mr. Methuen himself.—Mr. Benett went to tbe house of a vqtei who had previously engaged his votes to Mr. Methue^ and Mr. Wellesley. He pressed him earnestly to give him, a vote; and on the honest freeholder telliag him thai be, had engaged them both what do you think he did ?—He told the voter," That Mr. Methuen was secure, that he stood iu no need of his vote, that he had much better give it to him, (Mr. B.) and withdraw if from Mr. Methuen}" Seduced Tory Burch Flats by what he said, the unsuspecting yeoman consented. But this, was not enough for Mr. Benett. he does not do thing?, by halves; stung by remorse at tbe baseness of his Tory Burch Outlet for my having ifccommended to your support such a man as Mr. Benett, Ur that there should be found men base enough to advocate his cause.—The Old Moon-Raker will probably tell you-that all this-was done for the honour of his " true Wilt- shire family" W hat a scandalous set! A writer, under the signature of A, B. and who, a correspond . dent says, is the Old Moon-Raker, feels shocked (ha! ha!) that any person should suspect the' religion of Mr. Gjenett. I do not stai^d alone in this instance. Did he uever hear of a reve rend friend denouncing his tenets, and charging him with errors which the law considers crimes? Even Mr, Lucas, with Whose timely act of. justice, he beads his letter, had bia doubts, and tills you that a great many more had doubts as Well as himself. And how were good Mr. Lucas's doubts re-moved I By, a confession that no deist would hesitate one qcun ment to give.

reva555

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum